Monday, 25 February 2013
1. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to that person's blog.
2. Answer eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers.
4. Post the award on your blog.
Eleven random facts about me;
1. I love the smell of new cut grass. It reminds me of sunshine and summer days.
2. I admire people who wear hats, I wish I could throw one on and look cool and sophisticated but they just look ridiculous on me!
3. I don't like my handwriting. Is that weird for someone who loves writing so much?
4. I don't drink coffee.
5. I love jewellery, particularly bold necklaces and rings.
6. I renewed my wedding vows with 'Elvis' in Las Vegas for my 25 wedding Anniversary.
7. I like to light scented candles. I find them relaxing.
8. I enjoy looking at designer shoes. Note I said looking, I can't afford to buy them! Although I do own a pair of Jimmy Choos (they are second hand and two big for me but I own them!).
9. Favourite desert would be a nut and cream pavlova. Yum.
10. I am quite proud of my fingernails! They are long and strong. People often comment on them.
11. I hate things being crooked! I can't sleep if my husband has left his shoes unlined up or worse still crossed, or if the curtains aren't closed right!
Here are the questions Charity posed for her nominees and my answers;
1. What's your favourite day of the week and why? I really had to think about this one. I don't think I have a favourite day as any day can be good or bad depending on what you are doing.
2. What inspired you to become a writer? Writing is something I have always loved. I remember thinking as quite a young child 'I will write a book one day.' I love the idea of leaving something behind that people can read and enjoy, even if that only ever ends up being my family. I have this image in my head of some relative many years from now saying "This book was written by your great great grandmother, she was a writer you know."
3. Where is your favourite place? Why is it your favourite? One favourite place is somewhere I have only visited once. Lassen Volcanic Park in California. This place was amazing. We pulled up beside a beautiful meadow scattered with various wild flowers. There was a crystal clear stream running through it and a wood to the side. It is special to me as it is the place I think about when I write about the meadow and Mystical Lake where my Birthstone Unicorns live.
4. If you could have only one story published, what would it be about? Just one wow that's tough, I have so many I would like to see out there. But if I have to chose one I would say one of my Birthstone Unicorn stories. They have everything in them that I love, unicorns, magic, jewels, rainbows and happy endings!
5. Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what? Never, I find it a terrible distraction. I prefer peace and quiet so my characters can 'speak' to me.
6. What item can you not live without and why? If we are talking material items here I would say my laptop for pretty obvious reasons when you are a writer!
7. What is your biggest pet peeve and why? Rudeness. I just think there is no need for it. Manners and a smile cost nothing but can make all the difference to those around you. It also makes you feel better too.
8. What color describes you most and why? Easy one this, PURPLE! It is the colour that makes be feel happy and safe. Sometimes my family think I go too far with it!
9. What is your favourite number and why? Some may find this odd but I'm rather fond of the number 13! My eldest daughter was born on the 13. I've flown on this date too and it's one of my lottery numbers.
10. If you could choose one genre to define your life, what would it be? Definitely fantasy.
11. If you could change one event from your past, what would it be? Why? Another tricky one. Of course there are things I wish were different but surely if we change the past we effect the future.
My eleven questions are;
1) How long have you been blogging?
2) What's the best piece of writerly advice you've ever heard or been given?
3) What's the one thing you can't do without when sitting down to write?
4) Cats or dogs?
5) What is your favourite room in the house?
6) What are you reading at the moment?
7) Where would you like to visit and why?
8) What superpower would you choose?
9) Tell us about your favourite author and/or book?
10)Can you share a favourite quote?
11) Freestyle! Pick your own question you would like to answer.
I am not going to nominate any particular bloggers for this one, so many of you have already done it. I've done it once already but it was months ago so figured I could run with it once more as the questions are different. Also I simply don't have time to check through everyone's blogs and find out but I happily pass this award on to any of my lovely followers who would like to carry it on. I hope someone picks it up and answers my questions. Have fun!